Thursday, September 8, 2011

ANYTHING GOES THURSDAY: "Young Love" Review


It's ANYTHING GOES THURSDAY again and I've got a different kind of post for you today.  I used to be a music junkie.  You name the genre, there was a singer or band I loved.  Country, rock, pop, techno - I listened to it all and I loved finding a new artist whose album I enjoyed from start to finish.  But for the past few months, my exposure to music has revolved around the latest ditty on Yo Gabba Gabba or the Fresh Beat Band (am I the only one who thinks that "Jump, Jump" song from the "Giant Pizza" episode sounds like something the Black Eyed Peas would sing?  I am?  Okay, moving on....).  So when I had the opportunity to take a listen to the new Mat Kearney album Young Love, I was really excited.


I posted last week about how much I've been loving his song "Hey Mama" and the rest of Young Love is just as catchy.  I've been training for a 4-mile race in November and Mat's album is the perfect soundtrack for a long run.  Most of the songs are uptempo and have a great beat to them as well - "Chasing the Light" and "She Got the Honey" are two of my personal favorites.

This isn't Mat Kearney's first release - he's had two others and you've probably already heard his music on shows like Grey's Anatomy or The Hills - so you may want to check out his first two albums as well.  His vibe reminds me sort of Counting Crows crossed with Jack Johnson crossed with John Mayer but with a twist, and the biggest endorsement I can give is that all of the songs get me car-dancing and put a smile on my face, even on a rainy day like today.

Want to find out more about Mat Kearney?  Click around this widget to check out his Facebook page, Twitter, YouTube channel, etc.



Please note that as a member of the One2One Network, I was sent a download of Mat Kearney's album for the purpose of this review.  No other compensation was received.  The opinions I've shared of this product are my own and yours may differ.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! :) I loved this, thank you so much!

    ___
    call Iran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! I'm going to find you on pinterest right now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!