Saturday, October 9, 2010

Small & Sweet

It's day nine of GET YOUR GHOUL ON! MONTH and today I'm excited to share a fun fall treat.

You've probably noticed a new trend in desserts lately.  From cake:


To Pop Tarts:


Everything is miniature and on a stick.  I call it The Bakerella Effect.  I know, I know.  She isn't the only one doing mini skewered desserts but her cake pops are everywhere and having a huge influence on how people are re-thinking confections.  And, well, it sounds good.

Personally, I'm all for this wave of tiny treats.  Smaller sweets are great for dessert buffets because it allows guests to sample a lot of different types of yumminess.  Having things on a stick makes them easier to eat, and, let's be honest, makes them look a whole heck of a lot cuter too.  But one more great thing about The Bakerella Effect is that it makes these desserts more appropriate and accessible for kids too.  Doesn't this little lady look like she loves her mini caramel apple?


Yup, you read that right - mini caramel apple!  I was dazzled and slightly perplexed when I saw one for the first time too.  I mean, we all know apples don't come this small, so how on earth did this delightful delicacy come about?  With a melon baller!


So smart!  And simple.  I love that they're so much easier to eat that the messy big ones - especially for little mouths.  And not to worry - after you dip your mini apples into the caramel, you can add your favorite toppings too so that you're not missing out on any of the fun of the full-sized versions.


I know you're dying for your own mini caramel apple right now so to get the full how to, visit Family Fun.

Images: Bakerella, The Family KitchenFamily Fun
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

5 comments:

Thanks for the love!