Friday, August 20, 2010

Party Peeks

Sorry I was MIA yesterday but I am in full-on party planning mode right now.  Combine that with a full-time job, this blog and two toddlers and things get a little nutty.  But since I'm all about celebrations at the moment, I figured I'd share of a few favorites I've seen recently.

Without a doubt, the most creative theme around has to be this "One Year Old in a Flash" bash Stacy at Elle Belle threw for her daughter, Liv's, first birthday.


The invitations from Beyond Design are darling and perfectly captured the party's photography theme.


And Stacy came up with an amazing idea - to create a time capsule for Liv to open on her 18th birthday.  She asked all of the guests, including out-of-towners who might not be able to come, to send something to include in this memento.  Such a wonderful gift for her little lady! {this party found via Bella Grace Designs & photography is by Dawn at Elemental Image}

So many people write to me asking for unique themes for boy's parties and this one from Brandi of Brandi Brown Events has to be one of best I've ever seen.  For her twin boys' first birthday, she chose a Tom Sawyer & Huckleberry Finn theme, and together with the fabulous Kate Landers, from Kate Landers Events, she created something her guests won't ever forget!  Just take a look at the "hay couch" made to mimic the rustic vibe of life on the Mississippi.


There was perfectly themed - and kid-friendly - food.


And she even brought in live animals from a local zoo to delight the kids.


Amazing!  Read more about how Kate and Brandi brought this party to life here. {photos by Inga Finch Photography}

Kori Clark from Paper & Pigtails also came up with a one-of-a-kind theme, designing a stunning bash for her daughter's birthday based on Lilly Pulitzer's Tort Party ware.  The result was a Preppy Turtle party that girls of any age would die for.


I adore the gorgeous combination of patterns throughout the party and the small details that pull everything together.  Look at this divine this dessert table!


Again, the food was kid-friendly - Cheerios, powdered donuts and cupcakes were the perfect treats.

 
Get more details, as well as all of the source information, on the Paper & Pigtails blog. {photos by Courtney Vickers Photography}

And last, but not least, this fantabulous Sesame Street themed soiree that Jenny Cookies threw for her son Hudson just knocked my socks off.  Even rain couldn't put a damper on this playful party.  The invitation from Less Ordinary Designs set the tone for everything.


From the cake:


And cupcakes:


To the games:


And goodies:


Guests even took home their own goldfish as favors!


Is that the cutest or what?

I hope you enjoyed a little peek at some fun festivities!  Do you have a favorite party or one you want to share?  We want to hear about it.  You could be featured in our next party round up.

Images: Elle Belle, Elemental Image, Brandi Brown Events, Inga Finch Photography, Paper & Pigtails, Courtney Vickers PhotographyJenny Cookies
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

10 comments:

  1. OMG! I have birthday party envy! These are so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. I am LOVING the Sesame Street party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! My kids have so not made out in the party department. Those parties both looked fabulous! I just wanted to invite you to join us for our Spotlight Saturday Blog Hop! Link up your blog and another you'd like to spotlight. Have a great weekend!

    Kel
    www.betweenthelines-kel.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job finding these as always, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - I think I may have a theme for the boy's 3rd bday party! Sesame St done in such a cute way! I also like that the address is 123, so #3 would be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great theme! Love the Sesame theme. The colors are so vibrant and fun! Just admiring the cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos, I think you just gave me an idea with the Sesame Street theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous posts like this is why I have an award for you! Come see!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow looks amazing! I'm a new follower I found you from Top Baby Blogs. I look forward to reading all your great posts.

    Tania
    http://myadventures-in-mommyland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post, minus the snake, lol

    New follower from the money link up.

    Carole
    www.frogbellysoup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!